Monday, June 15, 2015

Literary Movement Reading Challenge 2015: June Victorian Check-In



It’s a bright June afternoon…. I can hear Roxette’s voice in my head this afternoon, when I am writing this post. June has always been a promising month for me, but not this year…. I am so hectic on a project I am preparing, and tt has been taking a lot of my time and energy, that my reading target must be reduced this year.  However, the Literary Movement Reading Challenge must go on! I will still read for each movement, but only one book each.

How about you? Hope you are still having fun with this challenge… Meanwhile, June Victorian for #LitMoveRC begins today! The linky for June Victorian is now opened; you can submit your reviews/posts until July 15th. ==UPDATE== For some reasons I could not create the linky today; I don’t know why/what happened, but I’ll try again tomorrow.

Now, our monthly question:

Who is your most favorite Victorian author?

Mine is, of course, Charles Dickens. But sadly, I won’t be able to read any of his books this year. I’ve been meaning to pick Bleak House for Lit Move Challenge, but… besides its thickness, I don’t think I have the mood to read it right now.


4 comments:

  1. I already got Barnaby Rudge by Dickens done but I need to get my review written! I only have a few more Dickens left to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. I was supposed to read Bleak House, but I ended up reading something much shorter. June is not a good month for me to read tomes.

    As for a Victorian author: I have not read enough, though I do enjoy Dickens. When I look at the list of Victorian authors I have not read, I have nothing to go by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read The Jungle Book--possibly the most Victorian children's book in existence. Well, maybe second to The Water Babies. http://howlingfrog.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-jungle-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Victorian Literature so much! I read Dicken's "Great Expectations", Eliot's "Silas Marner", Hardy's "Tess of the D'urbervilles", "Under the Greendwood Tree", and "Far from the Madding Crowd", Anne Bronte's "The Tenant of Wildfel Hall", and I'm about to finish Stoker's 'Dracula". My favorite Victorian novelists are the Brontes and Thomas Hardy. Of course, Dickens is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?